It’s too early to tell where this one could go.
BEAUMONT, Texas — The peak of hurricane season is seeing a very active tropics, with several areas to keep an eye one.
A weak area of low pressure, called Invest 90L, is in the Bay of Campeche or southwest Gulf of Mexico.
It’s slowly organizing. A depression or tropical storm may form within the next 24 hours.
Right now, forecasting a possible track is dubious.
Invest 90L path and forecast cone
Invest 90L spaghetti models
Invest 90L Outlook
Tracking Invest 90L
Be prepared if a storm comes our way
- Make a home inventory
- Have a current copy of your declarations page that has your policy number and your agent’s number
- Review your policy with your insurance agent to determine if you have adequate coverage
- Repair loose boards, shingles, shutters and downspouts to prevent them from becoming an issue in high winds or torrential rain
- Have an evacuation plan, and include plans for your pets
- Make sure your emergency equipment is in working order, including a battery-powered radio, flashlights and extra batteries. Also, make sure to gather all medicine, replenish your first-aid kit and stock a week’s worth of non-perishable food and water
- Charge your cell phone and fill your car with gas
- Program all emergency phone numbers
- If you are advised to evacuate, leave as soon as possible. Retain all related receipts – they may be considered in your claim. If you aren’t in a recommended evacuation and you plant to stay home, stay informed by listening to weather alerts
- Keep windows and doors closed at all time, and, if possible, board them up with wooden or metal shutters
- Stay away from the windows and in the center of the room, or, stay in an interior room
- Avoid flood water, as it may be electrically charged from downed power lines
- Check on family members and friends
- Check to be sure your family members are safe
- If you did evacuate, wait for official notice that it is safe to re-enter your neighborhood and your house
- Document damaged property, and take photos and videos. Don’t dispose of any damaged items without approval
- Keep a record of any temporary repairs or expenses to prevent further damage to your property
Also on 12NewsNow.com…