5 reasons that will help you talk yourself out of binge drinking  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- The New Year is around the corner and 2021 is finally replacing 2020
- On an average, alcohol consumption among men is more than that pf women
- Here is why you should think about refraining from drinking this New Year
New Delhi: With the world bothered by a pandemic and the uncertainty of lockdown at various places, every individual deserves some celebration to knock out the gloominess and mundane existence that they may be experiencing at the moment. The New Year can be an exciting time of the year. Beginning of a brand new year will also serve as a ray of hope of entering into a better world for people. People have different ways of celebrating their happiness. Alcohol consumption is one of them. However, is drinking the right choice to make right before entering 2021? Read here to know more about it.
Drawbacks of drinking
Here are some reasons why you should avoid alcohol consumption:
- Alcohol addiction: An moderated amount of alcohol consumption can lead to its dependency, also known as addiction. Being emotionally and physically dependent on alcohol can require professional help to overcome. It can contribute to several other harms to the body.
- Digestion issues: Alcohol consumption can cause ineffective digestion of food by the intestines which can further lead to digestive issues. The most common issues may include gas, bloating, constipation and even diarrhoea.
- Dehydration: Consuming alcohol can make your body dehydrated. Due to its property of discarding fluids from the blood, it can be a cause of severe dehydration if zero amount of water is consumed with alcohol. Constipation and other digestive issues are a direct consequence of this characteristic.
- Sexual health: Alcohol consumption can cause lowered libido. In men, it can even cause erectile dysfunction. This can result in an unfulfilling relationship with your partner and be a result of other psychological issues,
- Diabetic health: Alcohol consumption can cause elevated levels of blood sugar in the body. People suffering from diabetes can suffer from great extents due to the same. This can further contribute to an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
Before choosing to drink this New Year’s, think about the harm that it could cause your body. There are several other ways of enjoying the festival that does not involve drinking. The step towards a healthy lifestyle is something only you can take. Also, do not forget to stay hydrated.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now