Land Line Now, Dec. 31, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Which men are at risk for prostate cancer, and how do you find out if you have it or if you are at risk? Also, new driver considerations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OODIA blasts Congress for leaving truckers out of the COVID relief bill; a key deadline for the FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is fast approaching; and a group helps out some stranded truckers in need.
II. Prostate cancer risk
Which men are at risk for prostate cancer, and how do you find out if you have it or if you are at risk?
III. New driver considerations – your insurance
Hiring on a driver might make good business sense in the moment, but there are plenty of things to keep in mind before you do – including the long-lasting effects a hired driver can have on your insurance rates.
IV. OOIDA blasts congress over neglect of truckers
Last week, OOIDA Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh sent a letter to Congress about how recent legislation has let truckers down. We’ll have more about that, and new action on rear underride guards.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to [email protected]a.com and we’ll get back to you.
- Starting Jan. 7, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Sparks, Nev. That’s located at Exit 21 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- See what other medical solutions Dr. John offers at DocJmd.com.
- You can find out more about the St. Christopher Fund at TruckersFund.org.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email [email protected].